What is the liquid inside a galileo thermometer? What steps should be taken if one breaks?

Update: The cylinder broke in my kitchen and spilled into one of my utensil drawers. I don't think any of the glass cylinders broke because all of the liquid was clear. It had a very strong odor, so I don't think it was water. It had a greasy feel to it. I was just concerned that it was toxic, flammable, or... show more The cylinder broke in my kitchen and spilled into one of my utensil drawers. I don't think any of the glass cylinders broke because all of the liquid was clear. It had a very strong odor, so I don't think it was water. It had a greasy feel to it. I was just concerned that it was toxic, flammable, or harmful if inhaled. I also didn't know how to clean all of the utensils from the drawer to get the substance completely off.