Our computer keeps getting a virus from time to time. My husband says its caused by my Sims 2 game.?

Has this happened to anyone here? What did you do about it and how can I stop it? I had to uninstall it, and I really miss playing! Any help will be taken gladly.
Update: Such helpfull people!! And to let you all know, I do know my husband looks at porn online. It's not like its a big secret between us or something. I don't mind. As for the game, he says that if I had downloaded some modified Sims content that had a virus with it, that even if I uninstall the game... show more Such helpfull people!! And to let you all know, I do know my husband looks at porn online. It's not like its a big secret between us or something. I don't mind.

As for the game, he says that if I had downloaded some modified Sims content that had a virus with it, that even if I uninstall the game and reinstall later, that the virus (or worm or whatever) can use our ISP address to identify us and attack again. That does sound like something likely, or am I the Typhoid Mary of the gaming world?
Update 2: OKAY, Simple, and with no big words........ Not that the game itself has a virus, I have downloaded additional 3rd party game content. If I reinstall the game without the additional content, will I get another virus, or will it be okay? My husband and I both look at porn, we find it amusing. The only time we... show more OKAY, Simple, and with no big words........
Not that the game itself has a virus, I have downloaded additional 3rd party game content. If I reinstall the game without the additional content, will I get another virus, or will it be okay?
My husband and I both look at porn, we find it amusing. The only time we have ever gotten a virus were from those downloads, or from P2P sites, such as limewire and Kazaa.