How many calories are in a kofte kebab?

Everyone knows donner kebabs are really unhealthy but what about koftes? They're the minced lamb ones. I can't see that they could be that bad - you have a naan bread, salad, chilli sauce (which if made with fresh chillis shouldn't be so bad), garlic sauce (i accept that this is likely to be unhealthy) and then the meat. The meat is grilled so a lot of the fat must drip/burn away. Any thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Sorry that the one before me gave a wrong answer. Cause I can say after all that years I ran 2 restaurants in Türkiye as a Türk. Both has same calories. 640 calories for portion (1 portion which made of 200 grams of meat, 150 grams of naan bread, 20 grams of hot tomato sauce not chili, garden pepper, butter). Differences are minced meat and garlic for köfte not garlic sauce. And for a normal köfte nobody adds oil. Everybody uses drinkable water.

Best regards,

Baysal

• Erika

Calories In Lamb

I thought the same as you that Kofte Kebabs would be more healthy than Doner Kebabs, but found out that the average portion is 500 calories because when they are preparing them they add oil to mix them back into the right consistency.

too many