Would it be beneficial to set off insect foggers in the crawl space under the house?

I have a problem with ants and crickets. I suspect that when I use bug-bombs and foggers that they just retreat under the house until the coast is clear.

• mw
    Favorite Answer

The ants won't die from that type of treatment, but spiders and crickets and other pests should, if you use enough bombs and block off all the openings so the insecticide doesn't escape. Make certain to leave windows in your house open if you don't want the poison filling up your house too. And remove all pets and cover aquariums (turn off pumps/filters) or you might kill those too.

For ants, the bombs might deter them, but since ants live underground, 90% or more of their colony will be unaffected by that type of treatment. You have to set out baits for the ants to eat and carry back home to wipe out their underground numbers.

Many insects hide in nooks and crannies, and crickets hide during the day, and wander about during the night (in my experience). Finding openings in your house and sealing those should keep crickets out. Check seals along doors and in the foundation.

For ants, set out baits. Try making this homemade recipe:

1 tsp. boric acid powder (often called Roach Proof or something like that, you can find it with pest products in a store like target or wmart)

2 tsp peanut butter

1 tsp honey

Mix all together until smooth, then take little pieces of cardboard and put a smear on each piece. Set the bait along ant trails, inside or outside. The ants will congregate on it for a few days, then taper off. The honey attracts sweet loving ants, the pnut butter attracts protein loving ants. Every few days renew the baits, or whenever you see ants. Gradually, the boric acid will kill the colony.

I agree with mw above. That really works. I had a problem with carpenter ants. Nothing seem to kill them. Even had "Terminx" come out to treat for them.

Finally I saw a TV show giving household tips and Bingo! I tried it and it works. The main ingredient is Boric Acid.

yes it would , i don't have crawl spaces but i do my basement and attic as well when i fog/bomb my home,also if you are not a single detached home, make sure your nieghbor does theirs at the same time,my neighbor and i played cat and mouse with water bugs for a whole season until we got or sh-- together and bombed at the same time.

i think it would, just make sure you or your pets are not in the house . the gas can creap throught crevices.

yes it helps. Do it and you will not be sorry.