V for Vendetta?

Is this movie any good? What is it really about?

Favorite Answer

V for Vendetta is a good movie. at first i thought it was sort of cheesy. but after i watched it a second time i really enjoyed it and understood it.

Against the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, a young working-class woman named Evey is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked man known only as "V." Profoundly complex, V is at once literary, flamboyant, tender and intellectual, a man dedicated to freeing his fellow citizens from those who have terrorized them into compliance. He is also bitter, revenge-seeking, lonely and violent, driven by a personal vendetta. In his quest to free the people of England from the corruption and cruelty that have poisoned their government, V condemns the tyrannical nature of their appointed leaders and invites his fellow citizens to join him in the shadows of Parliament of November the 5th--Guy Fawkes Day. On that day in 1605, Guy Fawkes was discovered in a tunnel beneath Parliament with 36 barrels of gunpowder. He and his co-conspirators had engineered the treasonous "Gunpowder Plot" in response to the tyranny of their government under James I. Fawkes and his fellow saboteurs were hanged, drawn and quartered, and their plan to take down their government never came to pass. In the spirit of that rebellion, in remembrance of that day, V vows to carry out the plot that Fawkes was executed for attempting on November 5th in 1605: he will blow up Parliament. As Evey uncovers the truth about V's mysterious past, she also discovers the truth about herself--and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plan to ignite a revolution, bringing freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption.

Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction/Fantasy and Adaptation. rated "R"- for strong violance and some language. starring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving. release date: March 17th, 2006. Two hours and eleven minutes long. from the producers of "The Matrix." US Box Office Total: $70,496,802.

CRITICS REVIEWS:

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Eleanor Ringel Gillespie

"The picture's earnest politics are often as golly-gee cheeseball as its plot and characters." Grade: C

Boston Globe, Ty Burr

"...turning as shallow as what it protests against." Grade: B-

Chicago Sun-Times, Roger Ebert

"...actually interesting, inviting..." Grade: B

Chicago Tribune, Michael Phillips

"...only if monotony qualifies as a lack of compromise." Grade: C

CRITICS REVIEWS: Average Grade: B

USER REVIEWS: Average Grade: B+

Watch it.

I think that you should go out to see, because it is, in fact

an awesome movie. The guys who put out "The Matrix" created the film, based off the old (but loved) graphic novel. It is about the masked person named "V" (with outlandish costume and wig to match)who strikes at the heart of a corrupt government that rules over the land. It has been shunned by some, because some says it criticizes U.S. policy. (lol, who is to say?)

But nevertheless, it is a wonderful movie with amazing visuals. Warning : it is a movie, that in fact will make you think and ponder. And be flabbergasted about V's character and some of his lines..." This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of .... the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous...., and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

He seems to be a very charming man, yes? I hope you enjoy yourself, go out to rent it or buy it , today!

It is a VERY good movie. I didn't think I would enjoy it when I went to see it. I was pleasantly surprised. It is about a guy and his plan to "free the people" from a corrupt "Big Brother" kind of government. It reminded me a lot of the book "1984". The plot was very well done and makes you think about today's society and the government. I highly recommend that you see the movie.

A man who wants to blow up Parliament in England because the government is corrupt. Based on a man named Guy Fox who tried to blow up the city a long time ago. In England they don't celebrate 4th of July, instead they celebrate it after Guy Fox with fireworks and all that.

That movie was awesome...

It's about a young girl named Evey (natalie portman)..she encounters a strange man in a mask named 'V' (Hugo Weaving)...he tests her to see if she is an ally..takes place in a dictator Great Britain....where anything is possible..and the country is pretty much run by the government....i think it is one hell of a movie..I love all the little details....I LOVE how V makes you fall in love with him...not his face..but his character..it is one hell of a movie....I greatly enjoyed it...my sister says it's similar to George Orwell's 1984....

"Remember Remember the Fifth of November."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. "

p.s...for Halloween..I'm gonna be V...

It's AWESOME! I am a pretty good movie critic and I really loved it. It's about this guy who goes through a bunch of torture and disease, they kill his family, then he comes back for his revenge. It's an awesome movie...I would just buy it, don't waste the money to rent it

Awesome movie.

It's about a guy fighting against an oppressive British government in the future. Don't want to say too much and spoil it.

i think its very good. kind of Orwellian setting where the British government controls the people and always monitor them. One day a guy in a Guy Fox mask starts terrorizing members of the government in an attempt to overthrow it.

Its pretty good. The special effects are good and lots of things blow up. And the plot is pretty good too, definitely makes you think about what is happening today all around you.

It's about a guy who is trying to stop crime his own way knowing that the media and police are all corrupted. I would never see it again.