Best ERP Systems?

If you had to choose for your company, would you go with SAP, Oracle, or some other vendor? SAP has some nice features and Oracle seems nice if they can get all those different companies (PeopleSoft, Seibel, etc) integrated into one product. Which would you choose?

Best Answer

What is the best ERP system ?

Oracle

SAP

PeopleSoft (now part of Oracle)

Baan (now part of SSA)

JD Edwards (now part of Oracle)

Siebel (now part of Oracle)

SSA

All those system are very good systems.

The best ERP system is the one that covers the needs of the customer, with the lowest costs... There is no clear winner yet.

You should have a look to Yahoo or Google Finance.

Search for the Symbol ORCL. You will have a much better view of the market.

Source(s): Check my SAP blog: http://sap-erp-consultants.blogspot.com

Being in ERP Industry for quite some time, I would suggest going for Oracle Apps. The next version Fusion project will be one of the best ERP with features from People-soft, Siebel, JD Edwards and Oracle Apps itself.

I have a similar question and received a good answer from "Greg". Click my avatar and look at his response for my "Peoplesoft vs. Lawson" question.

Personally, I've used Lawson and Peoplesoft in the past, and I prefer Peoplesoft, but have not used the others, so would not have an expert opinion. I hear SAP is a nightmare to implement for any sized company.