Is Fairfield University a good Univ. for Masters in Software Engineering program?whats its Rank?

Are the courses accredited?

Favorite Answer

Fairfield University in Fairfield, CT is accredited. It's a Jesuit school, meaning that it's affiliated with the Catholic Church. Normally, that impacts the undergraduate teaching much more than the graduate, so I wouldn't necessarily shy away from the school if you aren't Catholic. In fact, I got my grad degree from another Jesuit school, and I'm far from Catholic. I was completely comfortable.

Fairfield is more of a "regional university" than a national university. So it's no MIT, but it's certainly reputable.

As for its rank, it's about 8th out of regional universities in the Northeast, but that probably puts it at or just below top 50 overall, when you add in the other types of schools in the region. That's because, generally speaking, schools that offer PhDs hold higher rankings, especially in the sciences. Fairfield only goes as high as an MS.

With that said, the academics are reputable, the school is reputable, and it is accredited. So, is it good? It's okay, so if you feel it's the right fit for you, then go. But if you are also considering some more prestigious schools, then you may want to go to one of those instead.