Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

Why is my DSL router not keeping connected to my 2 pcs all the time?

We have a laptop & desktop. We bought a DSL router to connect them to the net at the same time. It keeps messing up. It'll stay connected for a few minutes, then boot both computers off the internet. The LED lights still say that the internet is on, but my pcs aren't getting a signal most of the time. We're using a regular router (not wireless) Does anyone know what the problem is?

Favorite Answer

Need more info, but see if there is a flash upgrade for your router.

Always backup the original bios first though (if you can't find it's current version online)

Also look for settings in the router like "keep connection alive" or "keep connected" or "connection timeout" or "automatically reconnect" etc etc etc.

I have the exact same problem when I open Real Player, boots me off line.

Thats a common problem with DSL.

shouldnt be

either your isp or its a crap router.

check the router settings, make sure its not on a time out.