Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what are some causes of missing a period? besides being pregnant of course?

• Buzz s
    Favorite Answer

There are a number of causes. Endocrine gland troubles (pituitary, hypothalamus etc.) are the first on the list to rule out for secondary amenorrhea.

Other causes are stress, diet, changes in work and obesity.

Stress is a major reason to miss a period.

• Sander

Some of the causes for missing your period is of course being pregnant.Plus,stress,if you are under allot of stress it messes up your period.If you are overweight that also messes up your period.

Mine stopped completely after I stopped taking the pill! I didn't have a regular one for about 2-1/2 years..... then I got pregnant.

I was fine before I took the pill, then all screwed up after I stopped (and I was only on it for 6 months!).

• ?

maybe it is anemia or some thing else. i could get it looked at, to be honest, in basic terms ot be on the secure factor. docs or gynos could have plenty extra useful suggestion on the thank you to handle the indicators besides. i understand there are different pills and drugs to help with each and all of the discomfort, however the heavy, thick classes sound worrisome to me.

Do you know if you have a Thyroid problem or not? Is there any history of it in your family? You might want to get checked by a Dr. and see if you have 1 or not. it doesn't hurt to check.

Stress, dieting, being under or over weight, drugs and medication are often major factors.

Stress, illness, lots of exercise like gymnists or runners,bulimia, annorexia, and preg. You need to get this ckd out by your dr soon. Best wishes!

it could be stress or great anxiety also some disease maybe even a mild cold could set back your period.

Too much stresses or maybe hormonal inbalance