Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

E T asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

We would like to buy a small dog for indoors. We have a child of 10. What do you suggest?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Is the kid a boy or girl?

Boys, tend to like more outdoor types of dogs. The kind you can run around with that can be taught tricks. They want a faithful buddy. You don't have a whole lot of small dogs that can do the whole frisbee catch in mid-air thing. I suggest a minature collie. 30lbs or so. or for a more hyper type, a Jack Russel would do.

Girls, well they like cute companion types dogs... the focus her would be 'cute'. Girls want a real live hairy doll they can gossip to. So really it's gonna be a matter of 'seeing' the right dog.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

i suggest u that there is a little harm in kepping a dog if u hav a 10 yrs old child but if u wish so much then either u have to be very very careful about ur dog or u should keep a care taker of the dog who will see that the dog is not harming or will not harm ur child

so i hav also a suggestion that name ur dogy as 'Oscar' its very nice name

• 1 decade ago

terriers are good dogs, but they require a lot of attention and they are kind of hyper but that may be perfect for a 10 year old boy!!!

• 1 decade ago

A dachshund or Pomeranian

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a rat terior or a wennie dog

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1 of those dogs that paris hilton has!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

aww ****.a i say a mini pinshcer but you know whats better this-

http://www.hdw-inc.com/3-14-05two1.jpg or this one :) http://www.hdw-inc.com/sorgeaslanvberth.jpg SAVANNHA KITTENS YAY!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.