Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

who were the first immigrants in the north american soil??

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think they were asians who crossed the bearing straight during the last ice age

• 1 decade ago

The generally accepted theory now is that Asian people crossed over the Bering Sea about 30,000 years ago when it was frozen and the waters had receded during an ice age. They were probably following game herds.

They then spread thoughout the Americas. This would mean that all Native Americans have Asian ancestry.

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Is that in some way relevant to immigration today?

Because I don't see it.

I actually did here there were remains of someone before the Native Americans, but I don't think the cultures overlapped.

• 1 decade ago

Native Americans technically

• 1 decade ago

After Native Americans I believe the Scandinavians (Vikings). They came several hundred years before Columbus.

• 1 decade ago

The first pilgrims that died and got buried were the first ones in American soil. What is the point of your question?

Source(s): We saw strange canoes bobbing on the water. When they got closer, we saw strange beings in the canoes. We wondered what these people wanted. It could not be good.
  • 1 decade ago

Nice try, but Mexico ends at the US/Mexico border. The senate has finally approved laying in 400 miles of fence, only 1600 to go!

• 1 decade ago

Asians who came over on an ice bridge

• 1 decade ago

Asians who came over the ice bridge between Alaska and Russia and after they crossed it they became Indians...

• 1 decade ago

they would most likely what we call Asians now the far east they crossed on the bearing straits in Alaska

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.