Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how have the scienctists been able to measure the dimensions of an expanding universe?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

universe is expanding..and as u know it is expanding we can't measure the dimension because it's not a constant

• 1 decade ago

The Hubble Space Telescope Team have been measuring the precise distances to far- flung galaxies, which is a step that is very important and required to finding the age and size of the universe. They are measuring observable parts of the universe - no one yet knows what the entire universe measures or how far it expands.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They have not been able to and they don't know that the universe is expanding. They know that things are moving relative to each other and as far as they can see is 13.7 light years in all directions. They don't know what lies beyond.

• 1 decade ago

my friend we hv not got accurate dimensions of universe!

it is all like we gt new inventions and go further distance!

we measure dimensions by light years!

we use doppler effect to do it!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i dunno - i reckon they make it all up, wtf would we know anyhoo?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.