Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelGermanyOther - Germany · 1 decade ago

Where can I find the flat square pillows that they use in German hotels? What are they called?

My husband and I went to Germany a couple of years ago and we just loved those pillows, but we can't find them. I've tried a few online sites, but I don't know what they're called and I can't seem to find anything but the fluffy ones you can buy here.

The ones I'm looking for aren't the big fluffy "euro" or "continental" ones, they are sort of flat. More like a thick comforter than a pillow. They're thin enough for folding in half or just pushing up the edges. I got one of the continental style ones and it's very fluffy.

Favorite Answer

The German term for a pillow is 'Kopfkissen'- standard size 80x80 centimeters. Not sure where you could get them in the US - maybe IKEA? Try www.IKEA.com and search for 'Gosa'(Swedish for pillow?). In Germany the price range from 5 to well over a 100 Euro's depending on which poor bird was used. I always bring 1 or 2 in my suitcase for my brother's family - they visited me and felll in love with them too. I am sure there must be some firm that makes them in the US or imports them.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): find flat square pillows german hotels called: https://shortly.im/UivWx

Got 2 German duvets at a department store-(cost as much to ship as to buy)--but no pillows--but probably any major department store would have them--- check out Kaufhaus des Westens on line in Berlin...

They are Down Pillows and the closet thing here in size is called Euro Size, it is square.

Yup, look for European or Continental pillows. The difference is that in Germany they are down feather pillows and they are probably well broken in...and that's what makes them foldable. I haven't seen them at Ikea, though. I've seen them at Mervyn's...but not in down...just that foam garbage.

The european style pillows are called...

"Continental Pillows"

Just do a search on Google etc...

Hope that helps you.

You should easily find what you need on the German ebay, if you search for "Kisse" or "Kissen" (this includes also the small ones of up to 30 cm x 30 cm or "Kopfkisse" or "Kopfkissen" which specifies the bigger ones in the beds.

Check out, if they are filled with "Daunen" meaning goose-feathers or duck-feathers.

Source(s): www.ebay.de

They are called "Kopfkissen" and you can't find them here.....if you live close to a Ikea Store you might find one there....but then you have to buy the Pillow cases there too !!!!

• ?

Go back to Germany, check into a hotel, and take what you need.