Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

can i take zinc supplements?

im 15 yrs old and i was wonderin if its ok if i take zinc supplements? can there be any negative side effects?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Zinc supplements not exceeding 50mg a day would be safe. Zinc is essential for prostate health and may help acne and prevention of colds. High doses of zinc can displace copper in your body or cause other imbalances.

• 4 years ago

policies for use: Take zinc an hour in the previous or 2 hours after a meal; if it motives abdomen disenchanted, have it with a low-fiber nutrition. in case you in addition to mght use iron supplements, do not take them on the comparable time as zinc. Take zinc a minimum of two hours after taking antibiotics. Dosage: the customary dosage is 30 mg as quickly as an afternoon. Taking zinc for longer than a month might intrude with copper absorption, so upload 2 mg of copper for each 30 mg of zinc. for short-term use (colds or flu), use zinc lozenges each and every 2 to 4 hours for each week; do not exceed one hundred fifty mg an afternoon. Zinc supplements are available in lots of varieties. whilst paying for pills or drinks, zinc picolinate, acetate, citrate, glycerate, or monomethionine are all impressive alternatives; they are properly absorbed and user-friendly on the tummy. whilst paying for for lozenges to handle colds or flu, arrangements containing zinc gluconate, ascorbate, or glycinate are your appropriate guess. P.S. do not take too lots zinc: greater advantageous than a hundred mg daily can, over the long term, impair immunity. it may additionally intrude with copper absorption, maximum appropriate to anemia. greater advantageous than a hundred mg daily of zinc can impair immunity; it may additionally intrude with the absorption of antibiotics which includes doxycycline, minocycline, and tetracycline.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.