Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Why is it that generally, girls are better at speaking than guys?

i've heard this myth alot. But it's actually true in my life. I'm so stupid and slow, and can't think. but my sisters talk so much and so fast. I see it in my father too, mother talks so much and father talks, alot too, but i can see that he talks more to make a point than to talk. and sometimes my mother complains that he doesn't understand what he is saying. Are girls just smarter ? As a kid i was always encouraged to talk just as equally as my sisters.so where do men go wrong? Why are we bad at speaking generally? I know there are men who are good at speaking but i've seen many more who are not.

Favorite Answer

Throughout history, females have always been the more social and gossip-laden gender of the human race. Why do you think a lot of women enjoy hearing about what's gonig on in the world, and ask so many questions about work, school, celebrities, etc? Females want to have an understanding of their surroundings, and the best way for them to is through social ways. For men, they tend to just go along with the flow and are supposed to be a bit more simpler than females for the most part (this is fortunate, I think).

Try to think about all of these reality television shows, how many women usually tend to excel in Literature classes--stuff like that.

Source(s): Personal observation and open-minded interpretation; Sociology and Anthropology classes.

It really just depends on the individual.

In general girls tend to express themselves better, while boys are more focused on the physical, not the words they use.

Left brain, right brain stuff.

Whatever interests them, they seek to emulate.

Many guys do not seek good speakers, writers, etc, until later in life. Sports & fighting generally dominate the early years.

Don't let it get to you. You are NOT slow or stupid. If you WANT to learn to be a better speaker, then seek it out. Find male speakers that inspire you. Your heritage and past do not dictate your future.

Learn new words, expand your vocabulary. Begin writing and reading more. Write creatively (poetry, stories, etc) and express yourself. Learn to speak comfortably in front of others. It simply takes practice and willpower; time will do the rest.

Also, it's not the volume of your words, but the quality and meaning that should matter most. Brief and concise can be a great asset (and appreciated even more).

Who knows, someone may look to you as inspiration.

It has nothing to do with who is smarter. I am a woman and i think that men just say what they need too and go on. Where as women for some reason feel the need to explain every thing in detail that is why they may sound better. Men just usuall sit listen and say yep or nope. My god we have to be overloadin your brains with all our jabber.

Because a woman can cross the centre part of the brain (colloseum from the creative to the logical faster than men, it would appear they think faster. Perhaps it is just more creatively?

Girls are for real and will speak from the heart with no restrictions, us men want to be macho like we got everthing under control.

girls have a sixsth sense

GIRLS are SMART AND BEAUTIFUL, but guys are hot.......oh yea!!! some of them at least.....lol

they talk more. we fight more.