Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

monkey asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

rear ended?

i was driving up to a yield andthe other driver in front of me was already taking off when i looked to see if anyone was coming i turned and she suddenly stopped causing me to rear end her , to make story short she was going then she stopped i hit her due to a panic sudden stop , am i at fault or is she she stopped when no cars were coming near her, well i guess ill let your answers fill me in cause i have know clue and i feel i really wasnt at fault

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, you made a big driving mistake that is going to cost you.

You should never look to see if someone else is coming until you are sure the way is clear.

And, since a car was already in front of you, the way certainly wasn't clear.

I'm sorry to say that it is clearly and totally 100% your fault.

Her panic stopping does not alleviate the fact that you took your eyes off her vehicle so that you could see if they way was clear....before the way was even clear right in front of you.

If there is a vehicle in front of you, you must always drive in a manner that you can stop in an assured clear distance...meaning you must make certain you are not going to hit the car in front of you, even if it suddenly stops.

• 1 decade ago

From what you've said, it sounds like you're toast. So sorry, dude. If you live in a comparative fault state like Missouri, they may assess her for 30% of the fault, you for 70%, something like that. Either way, I'm afraid you have an accident on your record for the next three years.

• 1 decade ago

You are at fault.

There are standards of fault, and hitting the back of the car in front of you is one of those standards.

Sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, most people do not think they are at fault for an accident.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YOU are at fault. Doesn't matter the circumstances of why she stopped suddenly or whatever. Rear enders are ALWAYS the person who did the rear ending. No matter what. Sorry, bub.

• 1 decade ago

You hit her in rear, you are at fault. Period!

• 1 decade ago

You are at fault

• Bawney
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

unfortunately, it's your fault. sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.