what would you prefer? a 2006 Ford F-150 slightly barely used? or a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado used of course?

i got an offer for a red chevy silverado, 2003 that had about 20,000 miles on it, it was nice and all, the price was around $22,000. this was at a preowned dealership. at a new ford truck dealership i got an offer for a 2006 Ford F150 with around 5,000 miles only a little more on the tag, $25,000. i came out with the same amount down payment and around the same amount monthly payment...which would you have taken? the thing about this was that since i have kinda shaky credit, the first salesman was trying to get me financed like really hard, but i left his dealership with an "i'll call you later with the results" so while i was waiting i decided to go to this dealership that i had heard alot about, in no time at all i chose the truck i wanted, financed it and while it was being washed and waxed about 6hrs. later salesman #1 calls and says he finally got me approved, to which i answered nevermind i already bought a truck, what would you have done, gone for the better deal like i did?

Update:

i felt bad afterwards for salesman #1 being as how they earn theyre paycheck by commission. but a good deal is a good deal right? dont get me wrong, the salesman at the ford dealership sold the heck out of that truck, and he earned that sale too, i just left salesman #1 with the impression that i was going to buy a truck from him....a question i ask myself is "what the hell took him so long?"

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

check the kelly blue book and see what the vechicles are worth . thats kbb.com .then you need to see what the intrest rate of each vechile loan is and what the bottom line will be at payoff.also if you are trading in make sure that you check the kbb on your trade in is . you can use this for leverage when dealing at the table.also check out what kind of warranty for each .check to see if you can tranfer the factory waranty for the ford

Source(s): sales and sevice & buyer and seller
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do not feel sorry for a car salesman. They are trained to lead you around hoping to score even more of your money and take you to the cleaners with long term payments.

Car sales is a legal scam.

Buy the one that appeals to you. Remember you are paying for the miles you will travel. Base your selection on installed equipment and bottom line price.

Remember the way of auto financing--you pay all t he loan interest up front the first twenty or so payments and the balance of the note after wards. You get screwed.

This is because most of us trade vehicles every two or three years and they want the free money first.

• 1 decade ago

I would have bought what i could afford. That means I would have paid CASH for something... enjoy your payments though.

• 1 decade ago

i would had bought the f 150 for sure

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

way too much info ...they both suck donkey d*cks as you will see in the very near future if you buy one.

Source(s): 46 YEARS WRENCHIN'
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.