Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

How many people use the paper butt gasket in the public bathroom?

Do you really pull those paper protectors down and balance yourself on it?

Does that thin paper really make the difference from biohazard safe to disease ridden total chaos?

Favorite Answer

actually, i've read that germs last about 3 seconds on a toilet seat and that the paper doesn't really do anything.

Nope, but your seat doesn't really need protecting. All those paper covers do is mentally separate your backside from the countless bums that have occupied the same space. Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, let's listen to a few medical resources:

"To my knowledge, no one has ever acquired an STD on the toilet seat -- unless they were having sex on the toilet seat!" according to Dr. Abigail Salyers, president of the American Society for Microbiology, quoted on WebMD.

"It's OK to sit down. Most organisms that cause STDs will not survive for long on a toilet seat," notes Dr. Sherry Marts, scientific director of the Society for Women's Health Research, on the Swedish Medical Center's site.

Butt gaskets are great! I use them... I think most of the butt-germ blocking stuff is psychological - but at least it allows you the comfort of having a seat when you need to use a public toilet.

it will make a difference if u use about 20 of them

• I don't use them, but I've heard a comedian refer to them as "a$$ gaskets".

And, no, they don't do a lick of good.

In ur house only you.other no body count this

I use them.....And now I know that many people don't, I'll start putting two down!!!!

It's annoying and a waste.

Who came up with this idea?

I use them. Not comfortable, but why take chances. Don't know how well they work, but it can't hurt.

It's just a GROSS thought not to use them!

yes but its to help not to protect aginst all