Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Mahyar asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

What's the story of Wisdom Teeth?

What's the difference between wisdom teeth & the other teeth? when do they grow? I'm 15 & I feel it grow. is it normal in this age?

thanks

• Angela
    Favorite Answer

Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars that most people get in their late teens or early twenties. They grow, most of time, under the gum during people's teens years. Although most people have four wisdom teeth, it is possible to have more or fewer. Wisdom teeth present potential problems when they are misaligned. Poor alignment of wisdom teeth can crowd or damage adjacent teeth, the jawbone, or nerves. He or she may take an X-ray periodically to evaluate for the presence and alignment of your wisdom teeth. Your dentist may also decide to send you to an oral surgeon for further evaluation.

Source(s): I am a dentist (Pros/Implants)

I had all 4 pulled out immediately like a month in the past. The placed a shot into my arm and it was once on the spot.. I aroused from sleep! I'm now not going to lie.. it harm so unhealthy!! You cannot consume some thing. Cold is well like ice pops and whatnot. Just loosen up, it'll harm for approximately week. However, I, regrettably, received dry- socket. It is that this discomfort that's insufferable and also you cannot even speak. I received it within the backside ones. You can get this by way of smoking or utilizing a straw. I didn't do both, so I do not understand how I received it. Because of this, that they had to make use of a sucker factor at the backside. It sucked! But then it felt bigger. In approximately two weeks I was once cured. I received this performed approximately a month in the past.. and I nonetheless have meals get stuck within the holes in my mouth. It is quite unusual and gross. My mother mentioned that it occurred to her and it takes approximately a 12 months for the holes to near up. Good success!! You will consider bigger very quickly. Dont bite too difficult and do not fiddle with the stiches! Also, the painkillers paintings exceptional.. hehe.

• ?

15 is about the right age, just hope they grow in straight or your in for a lot of pain.