Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Whats worse, being stupid or being crazy?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Being stupid, they have pills for crazy.

You can't fix stupid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh stupid for sure. Ignorance comes from the same root word as innocence does meaning you don't know something because someone hasn't told you yet or you haven't experienced it. Stupid means They've told you and told you and you still can't get it.

By crazy if you mean the major mental disorders like major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia, modern science has some pretty good treatments for these now. Much better than sprinkling them with holy water and keeping them in cages.

To be fair, these are all 20th century treatments. Much before 1950 science didn't have a clue on mental illness either.

However even today you will find pockets of Christianity who believe that mental illnesses are caused by demon possession and tell sick people they should come to church and not take their pills.

I got "witnessed" to outside of a mental health center one day and screwed around with the xianist by pretending to misunderstand her and believe she was talking about my ill fitting shoes. But one guy got all bent out of shape about it.

• 1 decade ago

I think being crazy is probably the worse. Although there is medication for being crazy. But too there is education for the stupid so I guess neither one is all that bad. Which one are in inflicted with?

• 1 decade ago

When you say "crazy" do mean mentally ill instead? I'd say being stupid is worse, because there are countless intelligent people with mental illnesses.

Lol, I like what the comedian Ron White said: "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is fo'evah!"

Source(s): ME! I have depression, yet I'm highly intelligent. I've known people with bipolar disorder who are also highly intelligent. Mental illnesses are bona fide illnesses, not character flaws, or spiritual depravity. People with mental illnesses need medical and psychological help, not social stigma.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Being stupid.

• 1 decade ago

Being stupid, if you are crazy you usually don't know it.

• 1 decade ago

Neither. Stupidity is largely genetic, and craziness is a mixture of genetics and disease.

The worst thing is ignorance, and above all those who choose to remain ignorant.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Both are simply judgments that do not exist outside of the mind of the one doing the judging.

These comments are often a reflection of the way one sees themselves.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with Don H. How one perceives theirself (whether it's conscious to them or otherwise) is more often than not the reason behind their judgments.

• 1 decade ago

cant cure stupid-might be able to cure crazy-lol-old hippie here

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.