Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it possible for a USA person on Parole to visit another country like Brazil for a few weeks?

12 Answers

  • Gwen
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Actually, a person on Parole usually has to get permission from the Parole Commission to leave the country. If the person is on probation or supervised release, they have to get permission to leave the country from the Judge. Usually the probation officer can give permission to leave the state but not the country.

  • 1 decade ago

    All can be cleared via your parole officer. It is just safer for you to ask them rather than risk your freedom trusting anybody else.

    PS Get EVERYTHING in writing and make sure that you keep a copy as well as leave a copy with a trusted family member in case anything happens.

  • 1 decade ago

    No...I don't think so. You might be able to get permission to travel within the country for family emergencies but if you leave the country, that's like running from the law and the US may have trouble extraditing due to the different government of the countries.

  • 1 decade ago

    Sure, as long as you get permission to leave the country from you parole officer.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    I doubt it because you are not allowed to travel out of the country, no even across to other states, it would be a violation of your parole and you would end up back in prison.

  • Linda
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    He would need to check with his Parole officer. It would depend on the terms of his release.

  • 1 decade ago

    He/She will have to go infront of a judge to get permission. Other wise no they are not even alowed to leave the state they live in...

  • 1 decade ago

    that would depend on your PO and why you are on paper.

    you can slide in and out with out a visa by going via southern texas and crossing into mexico and going into central america that way.

    did it many times myself.

  • 1 decade ago

    WELL if the payrole is a small amount, just run via road, for ever

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    find a country that will not extradite you instead lol

    JOKING ! !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.