Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

why is every proper religon seem to be racist or bias?

I used to think there was good in each religon(there is but there is always some part of it which is someway against other religons and and in thier religous books)

I am not talking about philosophys

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Religions seem to require some anchoring in history. Speaking of a beginning helps religions to achieve some rationality because every religion points to the unfathomable divide between human concrete reality and the divine. By doing so, religions dig their roots into particular cultures. Most of them aim at glorifying their respective cultures thus placing each particular culture above the rest. No wonder racism is so closely associated with religion. But as the spread of religion takes place, the narrative must be altered in order to account for diversity. Even Mormons have had to do something about it once dark skinned believers started to come to their fold from outside of Utah.

• 1 decade ago

If you look at the history of religion you will see acts that range from the most inhuman to the most enlightened....it is up to the individual to choose which one they want to represent them. The reason religion comes across as "racist" or "biased" is that each one excludes or ridicules those that don't believe in it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Name one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God is who God is, but Religion is created by man. If by "proper" religion, you mean the main stream religions (Jew, Christian, Muslim), there really is only one stipulation for them, and that is to love God and to love your neighbour as yourself. As we are human we cannot possibly attain this ideal though many of us stive. So religion is born and rules are made and biases are formed in the minds of men..... and so on.

Blessings to you my friend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You've asked this question twice in a row and spelled religeon wrong both times. It makes me think that you couldn't comprehend an answer if you got one.

• 1 decade ago

no religion is racist or biased.the teachings of jesus,the prophet and others have been twisted by vested interests to get maximum number of followers.

• 1 decade ago

Not in the Pagan religion- we respect everyone, difference makes us ( Pagans) who we are- very accepting of all types of people.

Source(s): myself
  • 1 decade ago

i don't know about that but the family of God is very colorful red, yellow, black, and white we are precious in his sight Jesus Love's ALL the children of the world

• 1 decade ago

That's how they see their 'God'.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.