Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Saturn sL300?

I'm looking for a dependable car. Well my father and I went looking yesterday for one and I found a really nice 2001 Saturn sL300. I need to know how dependable and how good they are on gas? If any can help please do.

Favorite Answer

My wife had Saturn sc 2. what a pile of crap. I don't know about the one y r looking at look at consumer reports to see repair charts . be careful.....

SL300 is a much different car than the SL 200 so I would not pay too much attention to other postings. The SL300 is losely based on a similar car (Opel) that GM sells in Germany. It is a very good car. For a review, see www.edmunds.com for fuel mileage states see fueleconomy.gov To see if you are getting a decent price on the car, check kbb.com. to check to see if the car has been in an accident etc. check carfax.com

Good luck with your car!

I think Saturn's are great cars and very dependable....I bought mine in 1993 brand new and drove it for years. I had a red 2 door sport coop...(SC2)....I would take it in to the dealer every 3000 miles and would have the tires rotated...oil changed, etc. I drove it for 10 years and sold it to a friend when I had over 200,000 miles on it .....I highly recommend a SATURN! They are wonderful.....By the way...it was great on gas...

Source(s): I loved my car.....