Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Cat's stool shows blood: Has become a little more aggressive too. Why?

My friend's cat has shown blood in it's stool for a long time. She says the cat seems to show a little more aggression too by climbing on her and digging in her claws: which she never did before.

There is little-to-no money to take the cat to the Vet. Can somone suggest what illness these symptons might indicate?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The cat is obviously sick with something... usually a local ASPCA or HUmane Society will treat the cat for minimal or no cost. If they cannot afford to care for the cat they should get rid of the cat. This poor thing is in pain and suffering because its owners are not responsible. That is called animal cruelty and should be reported!!

• 1 decade ago

The cat could have a problem with the food. Try changing the brand, or go the a vetstore. Sometimes it is cheaper to by a "vetenary" brand, because you are buying in bulk. My (former) cat was also allergic to his KITKAT. (he died of something else) If the cat is having stomage problemes he might be "grumpy" as he is in pain... But most cats just crawl into a corner if they are in pain.

I am no experte, but there are good sites you could. Also try to ask your question at the site below:

http://p081.ezboard.com/ffabulousfelinesandfidosfr...

• 1 decade ago

could be worms.... look for worms.

My cat has blood in it's stool, but not aggressive and it's a bowel inflammation. No meds though (just a watch and see)

Make sure it has had it's shots.

• 1 decade ago

the cat needs to go to the vet with a fecal sample, talk to the vet and tell them about the money situation, they will usually be able to arrange a payment plan.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.