Simba
Simba asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Photoshop CS2 incompatible with explorer.exe?

Not sure it's incompatible so much, but when it starts up and i start using Adobe Photoshop CS2, explore.exe stops updating. When i move something on the screen that would require the monitor to display something else (example: click an icon, it turns blue. or click the start menu, it pops up), it goes completely black and (im guessing..) reloads explore.exe with the new image.

It will still play videos but anything else it has to blank the screen and redraw.

Does anyone have ANY idea what's going on here?

I have the latest drivers for my monitor, graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 64 MB). I also have a second graphics card (Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D).

Favorite Answer

Perhaps it's a memory issue? CS2 takes a lot of memory when loaded and also is heavy on graphics cards, if you have 2 video cards running this also may take up memory forcing your computer to use virtual memory which slows everything down. Get more memory will help otherwise you'll just have to put up with it. Good luck!

Source(s): eXPerience

I definitely have Adobe photoshop aspects 5.0 and adobe photoshop 5.0 (not aspects) constrained version i'm enormously specific aspects have airbrushing... yet I have not any clue approximately CS2 P.S. CS2 is plenty extra stepped forward

The only suggestion I can make is that if you have too much trouble resolving your problem. You should try a different program other than that overly priced photoshop, and try a FREE prgram called the Gimp. I've been using it for a while; to me its practically the same thing as photoshop. I highly recommend it!