Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Do you think that you could ever forget how to drive?

I haven't driven in almost a year, since I moved to NYC, so I'm wondering if it's possible.

Favorite Answer

i havent learnt to drive yet, so i dont know.

I dont think you would forget how to drive. Probably it will take a little time to get adjusted after a long break. My husband is in NY too, and he doesnt own a car at all. He only rents a car maybe once a year or once in two years. He drives well and he has not forgotten anything like that.

No. But I find if I haven't driven in a while I'm a little intimidated

by road rage. And I find myself driving more defensive than usual.I get nervous in curves & I often over check my mirrors.

I'm neurotic, what do I know?

i dont think you could ever forget how to drive. even if you havent driven in a while or like if you get amnesia or something. you might THINK you forget but once you actually get behind the wheel i think everything will just be routine because you've done it so many times. well thats just my opinion!

No, maybe you can get a little rusty but you can't forget how to. Once you sit in front of the wheel, you'll know what to do ;)

EDIT: I hate the fact that my answer looks a lot like the one posted above me LOL I have typing so slowly.

You may be rusty at first ( this has happened to me )

but after a little while your brain remembers.

Its just like going roller skating again. You will be

a little wobbly at first but then youll get it.

Permanent forget? Maybe if you like, fell and got

amnesia lol.

Learning to drive is like learning how to ride a bike.

You never really lose the ability, you just get out of practice.

• Bill

I see it all the time on the road when I drive. People drive like they either never knew or forgot.

naw i dont think so....forgetting how to drive is like forgetting how to read...once you learn it its hard to break the habbit..u may be a lil rusty wen first start drivin agin but u dont ***** cuz its like a natural skill once u learn how to

Source(s): my brain
  • WC

No, you may be a little rusty, but you NEVER forget a skill you learned.

u would never forget it unless they change the way car move