Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Do you think that you could ever forget how to drive?

I haven't driven in almost a year, since I moved to NYC, so I'm wondering if it's possible.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i havent learnt to drive yet, so i dont know.

• 1 decade ago

I dont think you would forget how to drive. Probably it will take a little time to get adjusted after a long break. My husband is in NY too, and he doesnt own a car at all. He only rents a car maybe once a year or once in two years. He drives well and he has not forgotten anything like that.

• 1 decade ago

No. But I find if I haven't driven in a while I'm a little intimidated

by road rage. And I find myself driving more defensive than usual.I get nervous in curves & I often over check my mirrors.

I'm neurotic, what do I know?

• 1 decade ago

i dont think you could ever forget how to drive. even if you havent driven in a while or like if you get amnesia or something. you might THINK you forget but once you actually get behind the wheel i think everything will just be routine because you've done it so many times. well thats just my opinion!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, maybe you can get a little rusty but you can't forget how to. Once you sit in front of the wheel, you'll know what to do ;)

EDIT: I hate the fact that my answer looks a lot like the one posted above me LOL I have typing so slowly.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You may be rusty at first ( this has happened to me )

but after a little while your brain remembers.

Its just like going roller skating again. You will be

a little wobbly at first but then youll get it.

Permanent forget? Maybe if you like, fell and got

amnesia lol.

• 1 decade ago

Learning to drive is like learning how to ride a bike.

You never really lose the ability, you just get out of practice.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I see it all the time on the road when I drive. People drive like they either never knew or forgot.

• 1 decade ago

naw i dont think so....forgetting how to drive is like forgetting how to read...once you learn it its hard to break the habbit..u may be a lil rusty wen first start drivin agin but u dont ***** cuz its like a natural skill once u learn how to

Source(s): my brain
  • WC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, you may be a little rusty, but you NEVER forget a skill you learned.

• 1 decade ago

u would never forget it unless they change the way car move

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.