Do you still wear your wedding ring if you are seperated but not divorced?

My husband and I are having major problems in our marriage and have now decided to try seperation and he will be moving out shortly. I am confused on whether we still wear our rings during this period or not. Not that it's a big deal just curious.

Favorite Answer

what does your heart tell you? as long as you still feel "married" then wear it... if you dont feel like your married anymore then dont wear it...

i stopped wearing mine 15 years into our marriage and we didnt actually seperate until 18 yrs of marriage... but i did not feel like i was married... i felt like i was living with a room mate, so i did not want to wear something that represented a life of "togetherness" when we were anything but together.... (only living in the same house....like friends..or roommates)

That's just up to the two of you to decide. Hopefully these problems are not about other people. I would wear mine if I was interested in working things out. It will hurt plenty the first time you see him not wearing his ring. So you know that taking yours off will have the same effect on him. If you all could possibly just talk about that and try and come to a decision before he left, it might save you both some pain. But I know how hard the talking about any thing can be when you are separating. Good Luck to you. Remember, you obviously made each other very happy at one time. All marriages have their low points, but it's better to fix it now if you can. Who wants to start over, unless you are just in an unbearable or abusive relationship?

If you have hopes of getting back together, and you don't want anyone hitting on you, then keep it on. If you know there is no chance of working it out, then take it off and start taking steps to rebuilding your own life. It is ultimately a personal choice!!

One time I was wearing my rings to a family holiday and my grandfather, who was more insightful to my unhappiness in my marriage (which I have since divorced and about to remarry next week) came up to me and said, "...why do you wear those if they cause you such great pain?" and he was not talking about the arthritis in my fingers!! Make sure you do what is best for YOU! Don't stay longer than you have to and remember also, it is in the best interest of the children, if there are any, to get out of the bad situation as quickly as possible. It doesn't teach them about proper relationships if they see you stay together and fight!

Good luck and from personal experience, you can love again after divorce...sometimes it is even better than the first time because you hopefully will have learned from the first time:

* what you will and will not put up with

* what you do and do not need

* that sometimes it is better to start out as friends and take things a lot slower!

UR not divorced YET!

Leave the ring on 4 a while, C how it goes.

Trust me, the unwanted attention from some desperate man on the pull, could put U off 4 life.

Take UR time, no rush, huh?

Completely up to you. My parents are in the middle of a divorce, dad wears his ring, mom doesn't. It's what feels like the right thing to you.

I suppose its a matter of personal choice. I am married and have been for 22 years. I have not worn my wedding band for the past 10 years. No particular reason.. just not much into jewelry.

If he moves out then this tells me that he obviously doesn't wish to stay and work things out with you. If it were me, the moment he leaves the ring would be following him.

Take no rubbish at all.

Love and joy

Beth

do what you feel is right. You can still wear your wedding bands. After all, you are only separated not divorced.

No marriage...no ring. The day she left ......the ring came off my finger and that was it. Your choice though. Good luck.

I think it a personal preference really. If you didn't feel right about wearing it on your finger maybe wear it on a chain around you neck- see how you feel