Can you have morning sickness later in the day? Or does it always happen in the morning?

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex less then a week after my last period and I am afraid I might be pregnant. I haven’t missed my period yet, but it’s not to come until next week. But I haven’t been feeling well lately and it’s not like me to be nausea. Can you have “morning sickness” later in the day? Or does it always come in the morning.

Favorite Answer

No, many people have it later at night. I felt a little yucky in the morning, but just for a few weeks. Your nausea could easily be something else, maybe something you ate, or even stress. Try to stay calm until you can take a test (First Response tests 5 days before missed period). But just in case, make sure you're taking folic acid, it helps prevent spinal problems in babies, and it needs to be taken early.

It can occur at anytime, day or night. The reason it's called "Morning Sickness" is because women typically feel sicker in the morning, when there's nothing in their stomachs. The high levels of hormones cause nausea. It's pretty unusual for women to experience nausea before they've even missed their periods though. Typically, morning sickness sets in around 6 weeks, although it can occur earlier or later. If you are really experiencing morning sickness, a pregnancy test would likely come up positive by now. Based on when you had sex, it's unlikely that you are pregnant, but again it can happen. You might be worrying yourself into feeling ill - that definitely happens a lot to women who are afraid they're pregnant. Good luck and take a test! :)

Source(s): Myself, R.N.

I think morning sickness is rarely in the morning, but that was my personal experience. The reason why it was named as morning sickness is because the main trigger, having an empty stomach, is more common in the morning. Personally, I got evening sickness and car sickness. But it can come at any time during day or night, and can actually last all day.

yeah it can happen anytime of the day.when i got pregnant,i dont have the usual morning sickness but it occur on the night.i throw up and got dizzy.the only thing i had in the morning is the feeling that im so lazy to move and felt that my body is too heavy.u should have a test soon.theres a pregnancy test wherein u can check earlier even before u missed ur period.forgot the name though.then if ur pregnant,expect the unexpected.im not scaring u but being a soon-to-be-mom is really exhausting,disgusting and worst mix emotions will try to depress u.thats why u have to have check up as soon as u missed ur period.goodluck!

Source(s): personal experience of having a 7 year old daughter :)

You can have morning sickness at any time, but you stressing over this could be causing the nausea. Unfortunately you just have to wait it out until your period week, then take a test. Chances are you are not, but who knows. Protect yourself, and try not to stress out, the stress could contribute to a missed period, making you stress even more. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

for some it's morning. for some it's night. for people like me, it was 24/7. you probably wouldn't feel morning sickness this early, if you are pregnant. i think most women who get it sense it more around week 5-ish.. so you are a couple weeks away? then again, i could be wrong. i just remember mine started at week 5 and ended week 13 and went on every minute of every hour of every day between those times. you will also sense smells a lot more, have breast tenderness, and be a little more tired. it's hard, but worth it (of course!!). best wishes.

when i was pregnant i had morning sickness at like 4:30 in the afternoon and ended up throwing up in a cafe. You can feel sick any time of the day or night

Morning sickness can come at any time of the day. It can also last through an entire pregnancy. It just depends on the woman.

Sweetie you can have it at any time of the day. Morning, Night, Mid-day...doesn't matter. Do you have other symptoms besides just that. Keep in mind that you can still have a period and be pregnant so just incase i would take a few more tests just to be sure.

That is an old wives tale. Morning sickness can happen anytime of day not just in the morning. and can last longer than a couple months lol.