Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it possible to get rims u already have on the car painted black? if so, how much do u think it would cost??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would suggest powder coating them its stronger and will handle the rocks and stuff the road throughs at them and depending on the shop 50-75 bucks a wheel.

• 5 years ago

Black is the WORST color to color wheels, it makes them appear MUCH smaller, they NEVER appear blank, you can not see any harm without difficulty - I've visible it on countless numbers of autos, and it NEVER appears well. White, in contrast, makes the wheels look greater than some other color, and blank white wheels appear amazing! If you'll be able to, get a spare set of wheels, because the TIME it takes to do a well process - tyres off, an overly well scrub, sand with rainy&dry sponges, high, paint, dry, laquer - and even have them stripped after which 'powder-lined' by means of a professional. A HALF-four$$ED "uhh, will this do??" process will constantly appear crap, and you're going to be decades watching at the ones wheels - and regretting your Homer-Simpson perspective.

• druid
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

As long as they are steel, painted rims (not stainless steel or aluminum), you can do a pretty reasonable job yourself. Sand them, spray them with a coat of primer, and then 2-3 coats of black, letting them dry thoroughly.

• 1 decade ago

take the rims off and a can of spray paint is like $5 a can, just did that to match my jeep. it took like 4 cans of paint.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

DO IT YOUR SELF. SAND THE CLEAR COAT OFF WITH 1000 GRIT PAPER. USE ENGINE BLOCK PANT IT HAS A NICE SHINE BUT IF YOU WANT MORE CLEAR COAT IT ALSO. TAKE YOUR TIME AND LET IT DRY FOR A DAY.

• 1 decade ago

yes it is posible, dont pain ...take them to a powder coating place

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.