Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

can i switch iTunes over to another computer with the same iPod and not lose all of my old songs to get new?

We have two computers and one is messed up and the internet doesnt work so i cant dowload new songs on iTunes. So, I downloaded iTunes onto my other computer and then it deleted all my songs. I went to my library on the old computer and got my songs back. But, I still need to get the 10 new songs i downloaded on my iPod!

Favorite Answer

There are a lot of ways to do this. It simpler to just copy all the songs to cd's and burn then to your itunes Library or yo could just write the itunes folder to a cd and transfer it to the other computer. good luck

• Jackal

DONT PLUG IT BACK IN!! It will delete the songs on your ipod and replace them with the 10. You will probably have to buy a program like Xplay that will act as a storage for both libraries and then you can transfer the new songs to your ipod

When you plug the iPod into the other computer, it gives you the option to either transfer the songs you have on your iPod, or wipe it out completely to sync with the iTunes library on that computer.

u have to go to the prefrences, then to the iPod section and then check the box "I will manually Update my song" or something like that rather than check the box "Automatically update"

Good Luck, same thing happened to me and got on my nerves ;)

i dont have a problem w/ using 2 computers alternately but i wouldnt recommend it. i dont want it to me my fault in case u loose ur songs. good luck!

Source(s): 30gb ipod video user

just download it again and then upload,...the playlist should come up on the new comp