Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

can i switch iTunes over to another computer with the same iPod and not lose all of my old songs to get new?

We have two computers and one is messed up and the internet doesnt work so i cant dowload new songs on iTunes. So, I downloaded iTunes onto my other computer and then it deleted all my songs. I went to my library on the old computer and got my songs back. But, I still need to get the 10 new songs i downloaded on my iPod!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a lot of ways to do this. It simpler to just copy all the songs to cd's and burn then to your itunes Library or yo could just write the itunes folder to a cd and transfer it to the other computer. good luck

• Jackal
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

DONT PLUG IT BACK IN!! It will delete the songs on your ipod and replace them with the 10. You will probably have to buy a program like Xplay that will act as a storage for both libraries and then you can transfer the new songs to your ipod

• 1 decade ago

When you plug the iPod into the other computer, it gives you the option to either transfer the songs you have on your iPod, or wipe it out completely to sync with the iTunes library on that computer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u have to go to the prefrences, then to the iPod section and then check the box "I will manually Update my song" or something like that rather than check the box "Automatically update"

Good Luck, same thing happened to me and got on my nerves ;)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i dont have a problem w/ using 2 computers alternately but i wouldnt recommend it. i dont want it to me my fault in case u loose ur songs. good luck!

Source(s): 30gb ipod video user
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just download it again and then upload,...the playlist should come up on the new comp

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.