Why is it so hard to use the spell check??

A "Check Spelling" option is offered RIGHT ABOVE any comment or question you make! Why can't people use that??

I'm not talking about the one built in to your computer. I'm talking about the one YAHOO offers when you are asking a question or leaving an answer. It's RIGHT ABOVE the box that you are typing in!! Is everybody really that ignorant?

Favorite Answer

CuZ Dey fink itz kewl 2 typ3 Stupid lyk dis.

Spell checks will catch words that are spelled similar to the way they should be spelled. However, if someone says, "I saw [too bares] at the national park while I was on vacation," spell check won't catch that, because the words are spelled correctly, but are the incorrect spelling for their meaning.

I know that there is a cyber shorthand which I abhor that will not be picked up on spell check as well. I feel your pain. I hate wading through all the illiteracy trying to find a cogent, intelligent question.

But I guess that's life in the USA today. The dumbing down of the education system is giving birth to a generation of semi-literates.

• Lady

It doesn't show up on my work computer so I can't spell check, I try to spell words right but just because you can see it doesn't mean everyone else can.

Lots of folks are just lazy and don't care. Some like to think they are being "cute" with their slang words. They won't go far in the business world spelling like that though.

you type your answers and when you click check spelling it actually checks your spellings and from there you adjust it by clicking change and it will change to the right spelling if you ignore it then it wont change it...it works for me and i find it handy when i cant spell some hard terms

I used to be a perfectionist, too, then I just decided to try to enjoy life a little!

• ...

I asked the same question and everyone got pissy with me.

Ive offen wundered dat miself. Shur is a hole lot o' dumbelles out thare. or is it they're?

I dont know but I wish they would. Why dont people know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE?

im noyt sudre