Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

what deficiency makes the baby a stutterer?

i stutter n i'm now 22 years old.. i onli stutter when i get tensed n nervous other time i speak excellent.

why did i born like this?what is the deficiency behind this? from small i've this stuttering speech..

will my baby also have this problem?

please answer in detail

Million thanks to you

Favorite Answer

It is hereditary and triggered by some fearsome or shocking experience. So basically try to keep your baby from getting too scared.

Source(s): I started stuttering after a surgery at age of 18 months. My uncle started stuttering after falling into a hole. My grandfather's brother stuttered as well.
  • Bud B

Much research has been done on stuttering. It can be hereditary. Go to the web site for The Stuttering Foundation of America and find out what to do in case your child does start stuttering. It is best to know what to do early when a child is young so they won't have a lifelong problem.

Source(s): www.StutteringHelp.org

Hi , It's possible that there may have been a problem with the baby in-utero . Maybe a hit on the left side of a persons head . Thats where the speech centers and language is based in our brain . I believe that it can also be a problem with communication brought about by a trauma when a person is young . Try to see a speech pathologist . They will assist you in the exercises that you may need to overcome your problem .They are experts at assessing these problem and are trained to be kind and thouough . Don't wait it could bee cleared up soon and you can live happily ever after ..

It is hereditary and is caused by a misfiring in your brain I am a pediatric nurse for 13 years I know what your going through what u need to do is take your time when talking talk slow and just relax and you will notice a difference in your speech I hope I helped you a little Good Luck

• tomiyo

don't quote me on this, but i was told that if you tickle a baby/toddler too much it will cause them to stutter.. i can halfway understand that as a child, but i would think it would go away before 22.

try this site for information. http://www.casafuturatech.com/Book/faq.html