rscanner asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 decade ago

Can I get fireflies in California?

I know they come from grubs. Does anyone mail the grubs so you can watch them become fireflies? Also would it be legal to have them in California?

Favorite Answer

Yes but it looks like they're Pink Glow Worms and found in the Sierra Foothills.

july 29,2014 In the late evening to early morning hours I steped out onto my condo balcony to have a smoke and saw a sight that I feel very privileged to see. On a bush right in front of me as a swarm of lighting bugs (fireflys)covering about six square feet. There was about thirty of them and I was amazed at how bright they were. I had believed that there were none in CA but this proved to me that they are here. I live in the San Diego area and

We have lots of them in NC and our San Fracisco friend goes nuts when he comes here and sees them. Doubt they would do well there, but I am not sure.

• jit

Disneyland has them