Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Will Buddhism Die Off?

It seems like a religion needs to include a certain amount of aggressiveness to survive. Look at Tibet, the happiest, most peaceful and beautiful people on the planet and their culture is being destroyed by a bunch of fuked up Chinese.

Update:

Uhh, Don J, before calling anyone an idiot you may be interested to know that Buddhist's do not believe in a God i.e. they are *atheists*.

Sheesh

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe that yes it will.Despite the great impact Buddha's philosophies may have had on a culture. The fact is that Buddha is a very dead man and so his philosophy will eventually die with him. Maybe it will be replaced with some future revolutionary thinker, or more possible, capitolism,which seems to replace all religion in most societies of modern day. Same goes for Islam,Muhommed's grave is occupied and so his teachings will eventually die off as well. I think that may happen as soon as the mid-east runs out of oil and their Allah god cannot rescue them from the poverty that will follow. When people begin to face starvation, their beliefs change greatly.There is only one religion which worships a truly resurrected God. JESUS is Lord and King of Kings! AMEN! Maybe you've heard of him? His tomb is empty just as he said it would be. Because the Father has spoken it, so must it come to pass.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Listen Idiot, religions NEVER die off simply because Atheists try to kill them. Buddhism will outlast the militant atheist-materialism of the Communist China.

Just as Catholicism, Fundamentalism, Mormanism, Islam and Judaism will outlast the social fascist atheist hard-left in the US

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's sad but true. Throughout the centuries, many civilizations and their religions have died. The Mayans, Aztecs, Toltecs, Egyptians, etc. and their cultures, civilizations and religions died with them. The only difference here is that if Budhism becomes extinct, the people who propagated it will also be extinct. Furthermore, unlike past civilizations that we have only read about in books, we will actually witness the extinct of a civilization and its religion unless something is done to prevent it.

Peace.

Source(s): FYI cracklover007....Muslims and Buddhists in Nepal are tight like brothers. It's the Hindus who cause trouble for both of them.
  • R G
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The possibilities are very remote !

There are a lot of people who are converting to Buddhism + it is safe in the Asian region at the moment.

There is no threat from science or any other force - so it is unlikely that it would happen soon. !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

buddism will never die. buddhism is a peaceful religion. indians respect buddhist people. as long long india is with buddhist, buddhism will flourish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hopefully it won't. Buddhists are generally really good, peaceful people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no i dont think it will die off. the dali lamma used to visit my area of the country a good bit, but i moved, his brother was a teacher in a town near me and the lamma would visit him there.

• 1 decade ago

It needs to. Hopefully it will. It is wrong. Read here towards the bottom and see...

http://planttel.net/~meharris1/mikescorner.html

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably someday... I hope not but, I probably... eventually will. Then again eventually all religions will die off.

• 1 decade ago

When Jesus Christ returns, more glorified than we can imagine, all "religions" will die off.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.