me
me asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Anyone like the new Battlestar Galactica series on Sci-Fi Channel?

If yes, Why?

Favorite Answer

Yes, but I had some reservations...

I grew up on the original and it was hokey and the special effects weren't all that special, but for a kid into sci-fi, it was still cool and I could talk to my buddies (mostly guys) about it in school and they didn't blow it off as "girly" talk.

The new series is a sexed-up version of the original and the whole Starbuck as a chick thing really threw me for awhile. What I really freaked over was the human-looking cylons! Whoa!

I have come to appreciate the show for what it is now, an adult sci-fi soap opera that my husband and I can watch together, and believe me, there is very little TV out there that we agree on enough to watch together, ever!

Nope...like the old original one with Lorne Greene as Capt. Adama, with Richard Hatch as Apollo and Dirk Benedict as Starbuck.

Yes, my husband really likes this show.

i do i bought the first season box set, and because it have space ships and shooting? lol i don't know it had an ok story line and is cool