What do you think? In todays society & culture (USA) do you think it is ok NOT to wear makeup?

I normally don't wear makeup, although as an early teen I tried. I don't because my complection is very oily and it seems that if I put on makeup at 7am, by 9 or 10am it is gone. I won't even touch my face, but on my morning break look in the mirror and you can't even tell I have anything on. By... show more I normally don't wear makeup, although as an early teen I tried. I don't because my complection is very oily and it seems that if I put on makeup at 7am, by 9 or 10am it is gone. I won't even touch my face, but on my morning break look in the mirror and you can't even tell I have anything on. By noon my eyes are burning because the makeup has mixed with the oil on my face and gotten into my eyes so bad that I have to wash my face. The cloth is barely dirty, except when I wash my neck. It's like it's all slid down to my neck, then stopped. I've tried all kinds of makeup, even the kind specially made for oily skin. So, do you think makeup is so vitally necessary for a woman, that those who don't or can't wear it are looked down upon or treated differently (like a child)?
Update: Thanks ead824. I've tried the pressed poweder trick. After a while, even w/ no foundation on, it feels like it's an inch thick. Someone also mentioned using Biore oil absorbant cloths, or Burts Bees similar product, I will try those, as even without makeup, I generally have to wash my face while at work,... show more Thanks ead824. I've tried the pressed poweder trick. After a while, even w/ no foundation on, it feels like it's an inch thick.
Someone also mentioned using Biore oil absorbant cloths, or Burts Bees similar product, I will try those, as even without makeup, I generally have to wash my face while at work, and again as soon as I get home. Thanks for all the answers so far.