My Corolla 93 idle speed with AC is dropped, why?

I have Toyota Corolla 1993 Model which is in very good condition. Recently I am facing a problem of low engine idle speed while AC is running. Without AC the idle speed is around 900 rpm which comes down to 700 rpm after engine worm up. When I start AC this idle speed is supposed to go up but it is not happening. Infect it drops slightly, it causes engine to vibrate but AC works fine. During driving there is no problem with AC or Engine. What could be the problem? What should be the remedy? I want to do this repair myself.

Favorite Answer

Check your battery.

You could check your vacuum lines. Also check your idle air control valve. Also quite possibly the engine managment system could not be seeing the AC kick on and it is not adjust the idle up. Check for loose connections.

There is a solenoid next to the throttle linkage that is supose to activate, and push on the throttle lever increasing idle possition.

It's got a rod comming out of it with a 10mm nut on it. Loosen the nut, screw the rod out two and a half turn, and try A\C again.

until cooler weather gets her turn up the idle screw about 1/2 turn . then when cooler weather gets here turn it back . Or get you ac unit charged , you are low on freon.