Robert m asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

My gums hurt!!! The right side of my mouth in the back top and bottom it fills cut?

I don't know if it's my wisdom teeth coming in? I'm 27, shouldn't they already be here? It feels like from my last tooth someone has taken a scalpel and cut my gum open for 1/2 inch on the top and bottom. Its been hurting for two days now, What is this? How long well it last? And what should I do or take for the pain? Thanks for your help!

• Mo
    Favorite Answer

I had the same problem just recently as you say in your question, but it isn't wisdom teeth, for me anyways. Please refer to my previous question relating to this problem:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApBbC...

I hope it will be of some help to you! Good luck!

I have the same problem every now and again. It's rare I guess but sometimes the bottom right of my gums is in agonizing pain. Like I just want to cut out the pain with a knife or something. But yeah, I think it might be my wisdom tooth because as far as I remember I haven't had mine taken out yet. Not the one that appears to be there anyway.

well thers is strong probability that your wisdom tooth is come.but nothing to worry. follow the instruction u ll get relief with in 4 -5 hr.

rinse nicely with 2% hydrogen peroxide 2 to 4 times a day . purchase any gum paint ( along with xylocane) metro-hex is preferred one. and apply 4 - 5 times a day on effected area either by small cotton or finger tip. u might take any mild pain killer

believe me, you will know when your wisdom teeth come through because it usually does hurt. you should have 16 teeth up top and the same amount at the bottom. if you haven't then it is your wisdom teeth. i got mine at age 17 but i know my mum didn't get hers till late in her twenties. everyone is different.

yeah it could be... coz it really hurts to have ur wisdom tooth grow... sometimes it can cause fever... but it could be other thing too... so just observe it...