ugh asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

Why is her PC doing.....?

My friend's PC wont let her on internet sites, just says Page cannot be displayed and what not, she is connected to the internet and is not set to work offline, help is appreciated,

thanks!!

Favorite Answer

May be she should check her network connection settings, cause if it is not confiured properly then she would not be able to connect...,

if this doesnt solve the problem then there must be a problem with the service provider.

Hope this helps

• NA A

Obviously she is not connected to the Internet if the page cannot be displayed message is appearing.

Call her ISP to make sure the Internet service is activated.

Also, repair the connection in Start > My Network Places >View

Network Connections > (Windows XP)

Just check whether she can log on to yahoo or MSN messngers or other applications, if there is a firewall installed try disabling it and make sure that she is connected to the internet, try pinging to google.com and stuff, I f she can log on to yahoo or MSN, then firewall might be the reason, if she cannot on any of them, then you might wanna contact your ISP for technical help, moreover also try using a diff browser like Mozilla Firefox.

Check connect strength at modem. If connected then it is a computer problem or cable isnt connected. If no activity on modem, then contact your provider.

On computer, check firewall settings. Check your antivirus/firewall settings. Sometimes ( I have Norton ) I had to goto programs and delete explorer, then try to reconnect and norton would renew explorers permission. I dunno but it worked.

are you sure shes connected? tell her to contact the internet provider to make sure. Also check if the modem is plugged

Take PC to PizzaCorner.

Tell her to contact the head office of the line, maybe line/modem unplugged. If not, the people are cheatin' with her.

• Billy

try disabling her anti-virus software it may be configured to block access.

firewall

its locked against pornography