crazy8s622 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Will Chace Utley Break Joe DiMaggio's Record??

33 Game Hit Streak, Will He Get 23 More??

Fine will CHASE Utley break the record?

Favorite Answer

Will he. Probably not, because when he gets to 44 the heat is really gonna turn up.

However that's not to say it won't ever happen. You only have to hit .250 to do it. 1for 4 for 56 games is a .250 batting average. It'll be someone we don't expect. A good contact guy like Toby Hall or something.

No. Chace Utley will not break the record. C H A S E Utley may or may not. I'm hoping he gets a serious chance at it though. Best of luck to him.

i dont think chase will be able to continue with his chase of dimaggios record, he will probably get around 40. even if he did get more, in game 54 or 55 some jerk pitcher who had gotten him out in his 1st at-bat would probably intentionally walk him for the rest of the game so his streak would end.

in case you' depended on' them, (I regard the be conscious 'believe' as a really extreme state), then you for sure known them very noticeably. even as they destroyed that believe, there treachery incredibly mattered and it harm. It harm a lot that you incredibly in no way believed that it may take position, and it really is totally perplexing to ever ignore it. you are able to despite the indisputable fact that in time forgive the chum for being so bloody stupid, yet you'll in no way ignore the incident. If after this, that chum ever again make the same idiotic mistake, then no longer in easy words could the friendship be terminated, yet you may doubt your own judgment for ever forgiving the sod. The organic action could be to conquer his head in, yet this action is frowned upon in a lawful society, and also you'll in no way get the stain out of the carpet. This makes one very careful.

I read somewhere that the odds were 1 in 194. That was a couple of days ago, so maybe the odds are 1 in 188 now.

Source(s): gdj

No, not even close. If the greatest hitter of all time, Pete Rose, couldnt do it, how do you expect someone of Chase's stature to live up to the hype. Everyone that has gotten close in the last few years couldnt pull through and i dont expect Chase to do it either.

I hope so, for the good of the game ... he's a really decent/good player and not a bad name to break that record ... I really do hope he gets it for the good of baseball and the good of Philadelphia (They really have nothing else to cheer about with the Phillies)

I hope he does but I feel he will fall short.

You think Ichiro would have done it by now being such a great contact hitter

I doubt it. He will get a couple more games in, but the pressure will start to get to him. I say he gets to 40 and then cracks.

Im pulling for him...but you saying this will probably jinx him and now he wont get a hit today...