Do you feel free to leave your religion when it scares you?

Favorite Answer

Well, I was "born and raised a Baptist" but I am no longer an active member. I was not scared when I left so I guess I don't understand your question.

The only thing scary about any religion is the lack of God in it. People try to hijack religion to foster or bolster their egoistic and wicked interests. So yes, if you are scared, feel free to leave. I mean that if you see what people has done in the name of religion, you'll be really scared. But the scary thing is peoples aproach and not the religion itself.

I am a Christian and there are things about it that scare me. For example:

1Cor 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

That makes me review my motives and scares me.

But I'll tell you something that scares me a lot more - not being a Christian!

Religion or church?If your religion scares you, you no longer believe it, If your church, synagogue, mosque or temple scares you leave, If the people there scare you leave quickly, and don't tell them you are going.

I don't believe in one religion.

If your religion scares you...

Than it's possible that it is not the right one for you.

"There are three essentials of the church: acknowledgment of the divine of the Lord, acknowledgment of the holiness of the Word [Bible], and the life which is called charity" (Divine Providence n. 259[3]).

i left Catholicism a long time ago and made it official two months ago by sending a letter to my former church declaring a formal declaration of defection from the catholic church

If it really scares the hell out of me then I will. But seeing as it doesn't, I won't!!!!

• I don't know as it hasn't scared me.

• shazam

not only free, but highly motivated and compelled