Link
Link asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Girls, where do you put used pads and tampons?

Rather awkward question I'm afraid. Nevertheless, because I am of the ignorant man-kind, I can't help but ponder. Where do they go once they've been... used? Surely it wouldn't be rational to flush something that large (pad) down the toilet, and I'm sure nobody would appreciate seeing one of them in the bin. So what happens to them once they're no longer needed?

~Link

PS: Sorry if the question was incorrectly categorized. Women's Health was the closest I could get.

Favorite Answer

Indeed they are NOT flushed, that would block up numerous toilets. In many ladies' rooms there is a rack holding sanitary bags, these are paper bags where we can put the used tampon and/or pad before throwing the bag ( and contents) away ( in the bin). Many pads come wrapped individually in plastic which can be used to roll the previous pad into before throwing it away. Tampons can be rolled in toilet paper before ending up in the bin.

Pads are wrapped up in toilet paper and put in a bin in the rest room stall. Tampons can be flushed or thrown away, yet flushing them can be bad for the toilet because it can get clogged.

When I first used pads I would put the used one in the wrapper of the new one and fold it. I would sometimes even roll it up in toilet paper. Now I use tampons and the used ones just go down the toilet and you never have to worry about them again.

• ngina

Tampons are flashed

Pad we normally roll them up in toilet paper and either put it directly in the sanitary bucket or in polythene paper normally provided by the manufacturers then in the trash or sanitary bucket.

Why the curiosity????

my wife throws away the used tampon and used pad in the trash can and she's wraps them up in toliet paper and throws them away as soon as appossible!

next time you go to a pub/restaurant, sneak in to the ladies loo, and see the box thats next to the toilet, thats where it all goes... mystery solved!!

Tampons are flushed.

Pads are folded up and put in the trash basket.

is this suppose to effect you in anyway?....are you thinking of having a sex change or something along those lines...?

girlie brunette, you hit it up! go girl!