listening music while you sleep cause deafness? (re-write because i made previous unavailable for answering)?

If e.g. you hear a tape while you sleep (having hadphones) is there any danger to cause deafness?

Thanks for your time!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The only real danger to causing deafness due to headphones is if u turn on the music real loud.

A level of 70 db(A) for 24 hour exposure is the level necessary to protect yourself from hearing loss. The louder the noise is, the shorter the safe amount of exposure is. Normally, the safe amount of exposure is reduced by a factor 2 for every additional 3 dB(A). For example, the safe daily exposure amount at 85 dB is 8 hours, while the safe exposure at 91 dB(A) is only 2 hours. Personal electronic audio devices, such as iPods (iPods often reaching 115 decibels or higher), can produce powerful enough sound to cause significant noise-induced hearing loss, even though lesser intensities of even 70 dB can also cause hearing loss.

Of course there are other medical conditions that can cause hearing loss, for example: measles, mumps, meningitis, otosclerosis(made famous in CSI), Wegeners Granulomatosis and even ototoxic drugs such as gentamicin. Genetic factors also account for some cases.

I suggest that you have do not turn on ur music too loud and for too long whilst sleeping.

Hope this helps. :D

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Hymns with a good content textile. i'm long term considering complete with the favored 3 sentence suggestive, so called, Christian songs. i like those lyrics that exalt and raise up God`s call. MIMI

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.