what is the centripetal force on the body at the highest point of a projectile?

pojectile motion under gravity, two dimentional motion

Favorite Answer

Assuming that the projectile is moving in a balistic trajectory, it's g, or 9.82 Newton per kilogram. This is true for the entire trajectory.

If the projectile is fired excatlty vertically, it's pace is not eliptic so we would probably not speak about a centripetal force. Anyway, the gravity is still the same.

• alaimo

Centrifugal pressure is brought about by ability of being in a rotating reference body. Say I watch someone on a merry-go-round. I see them going round in a circle. For something to bypass in a circle it needs a pressure pulling it in the route of the centre, centripetal pressure. there is no opposite pressure, because if there changed into then it may be the same as having no pressure and the item could go in a instantly line. (bear in mind that turning is acceleration, even if the speed remains the same, and acceleration calls for unbalanced pressure.) Now say i'm going and vacation the merry-go-round and close my eyes. i will imagine of myself as sitting nonetheless, no longer going round in a circle. yet i will sense that i'm being flung outwards, centrifugal pressure. it really is truly 2 diverse techniques of searching on the same difficulty. both are both valid.

• eyebum

0 g.

zero, bcoz at the highest point of a projectile velocity is zero. so centipetal force is zero.