what to take for really bad heartburn?

i have taken 2 types of antacids and tried baking soda in water.........it is still with me after 7 hours

Favorite Answer

7 hrs? that's not heartburn, you may have GERD or something along those lines

inflammation for that length of time is not normal, especially if it can't be neutralize by a base

a doctor can give you a proper diagnosis

1

Source(s): My Acid Reflux Cured - http://heartburnnomore.duebq.com/?gVv

If what you say is true that its still there after 7 hours then, that's more than a regular heartburn. Heartburns, of what I know, is suppose to last for just a few minutes not hours. You should consult a doctor for that--just to be on the safe side.

Pepcid AC

Prilosec

Pepto Bismol

Tums, Rolaids

Maalox

Ginger Ale

• mrodrx

If you have it all the time you will probably need an acid blocker to prevent acid buildup, like Pepcid, Zantac or Prilosec. These are all over the counter and you can get Pepcid and Zantac generic (Famotidine and Rantitidine). If you have a good presription plan you can ask your doctor for a prescription for stronger agents like these.

Heartburn happens when you eat much. The acids from your stomach is coming up to your throat thus feeling the "hurtburn". Minimize your eating & drink water so you wont produce more acids.

Eat a whole pizza pie and follow that up with 3 hotdogs, extra mustard and lots of onions... If that doesn't help....

take tums or rolaid it always help trust me if it doent drink water

your best to go to a doctor as it won't go with what you are doing