Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My 4 month old kitten is very affectionate with me but bites everybody who visits - why?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cats are territorial animals.

Visitors make the cat feel threatened - as if they can invade his personal space with impunity.

You should take the cat to a trainer to alleviate this.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's probably just excited. My cat does that all the time. He's just 4 months old as well. They usually get playful once they understand they're in a loving environment. If your visitors are being bitten hard that proves that your cat is territorial. If not hard maybe he's just being playful.

Source(s): Dad
  • 1 decade ago

its being teritorial or as u say is affectionite 2 u very ,uch thinks other people r a threat 2 u dogs do the same thing when meeting new people try to introduce them to it one at a time and hold the kat and let the people pet it softly till it sgets use to that person

• 1 decade ago

i had 3 cats so far and yet they don bite til aroused or angered. Burt there is one easy way of getting cat off the thnig or person is by using water, as cats don like to shower much. i trained mine using a cane til its cooled down and back to its natural calm character

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some "adolescent" cats are just showing curiosity and affection as well as a little territorial...its part of what make them interesting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cats bite to show affection.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cats are territorial

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

maybe kitty thinks that the other people are trying to hurt you or something. maybe try to teach it that the people are friends.

good luck xx

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

shes not your cat, you are her person. she doesnt want to share you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cause it sharpens its teeth or something

Source(s): infinite wisdom
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.