Why do teenagers get angry very easily? And what are the ways to control anger?

I've once read an article and it stated that the development of our brain during puberty period is one of the factors that cause teenagers to be angry very easily. Is it really true? If so, how does it happen? What has caused teenagers to be angry easily? I'm a teenager myself and experienced this very often. When I was a child, I used to be very cheerful and seldom got angry. But once I reached my puberty period, I tend to be a bit more hot-tempered and very easily get angry. Why? And how? Please tell me, I've been seeking for the answers for years.

Favorite Answer

What you read is correct. Teenagers are also have mood swings. They also don't think things through before they do stuff. They also lack the ability to correctly judge time.

Knowing all this, I am very tolerant with my teen daughter. When she is ready to talk, we talk...about absolutely anything. She is very honest with me during our talks because she knows I will not fly off the handle. I show her how to control anger by being in control of my anger.

• Gail

I have exactly the same problem since I was about 7-8 It's not conventional but I smoke marijuana have done since I was 13. I have had mild episodes since then im 23 this year. but nothing really compared to the pain an hurt I used to cause on others an myself for so many years before I started smoking. I find I cant really get angry when i've smoked nothing pisses me off not a thing its amazing its amazing for everyone around me too. now people wont advise this but if you have tried the other medications an they dont suit you well. if you have the counseling bullshit if u have exhausted all your avenues then marijuana could be an option for you . I spent alot of years with mental health psychologists specialists and counsellers before I made the decision to leave the system completely an medicate myself it has been alot of trial an error but also the best decision I have ever made though this isn't advised at all for most :)

Itz bcoz of hormones & development.U c teens r' develping n2 young adults and also they r goin' through mood swings known as homones.But my brother says itz cuz itz time to get laid but I say no.However I have no advise 4 u and sadly there's nothing u can do.

its true.Teenagers easily get angry bcoz of hormonal effects..There occurs a complete biological change inside the body because of these hormones..

nope.

im a 'teenager' and i like never get angry. haha when i hit "puberty" i became very calm, easy-going, and easy to get along with.

I mean, i get angry when theres REASOn to be angry, but doesnt everyone?

hormones and body is devlpng. i am gvng u a vry simpl solutn. MEDITATION is the only way. try. may be first time it wl difclt. bt kp faith and do. i promise u dat u wl gt th result soon.

it's hormones

sry puzzled guy, but this is not d answer to ur q.

i just wanna tell Aaron J that he's being idiotic.

it is because adults think we are nothing, stupid, lazy, and useless. they yell at us in a heart-beat, and treet us like durt. i dont get angry when the adult thinks i am worth some thing. but i do get angry when they treet me like turd.

ya i too experienced these during my teens...but its normal..just stay with it.....when ur teens r over...u'll be normal again...cheerful...if anger comes to u..jus count numbers from 10 to 1...that simply works......