if a kid steal money from you would you jail the kid?

even if the kid did that for the sake of his/her parents who is sick and dying? but you also need the money for the sake of your parents too...

Favorite Answer

I would need to know how much money and how they robbed me, did they mug me? Attack me? Or just quietly steal it from my bag? Need more info!

For whatever reason this kid stole for, stealing is still stealing. If people keep making it easier for this kid to steal than to go out and get a job, he may keep doing it. Easy money is always more tempting than the kind we have to work for. If you are talking jail here then it must be a large amount of money and I definately think the law should get involved. If this kid knew you had money and took it instead of asking, that shows they have little respct for you.

I wont jail him. I would ask him why he needed the money and if its a solid cause I will try to resolve his problem. If its hunger, i will buy him food and may be will try to arrange a job for him so that he can support him onwards. If its his parents being sick I will try to make arrangements for their treatment. If its within my capacity I will do it myself. Otherwise I will take him to some organization or people who can help.

Even if he did not have a reasonable cause I wont jail him or send to correction centre. That wont help. I will try to inform his parents and also have a chat with him and will probably leave him on his own and his parents' hands.

If a kid stole from me I would first confront him. If it were because his family was hungry .... I would go buy them something to eat and then ask him to work for me to pay the money stolen back.... God Loves a cheerful giver... A good practice. You could be in the same situation some day mom always told me..

How much money?

The kid shouldnt be stealing from ppl in the first place.

I think that stealing from ppl and stealing from places are 2 different matters.

Sumtimes stealing from places has its exceptions, but when you steal from another person, its unexcusable.

I would just rough him up a bit and take my money back.

i wouldnt jail anyone unles my name was uncle sam

id take my money back

no, i would feel sorry for him. if i was in that situation, i would probably do it too

we have free health care where I live, so it wouldn't happen.