Why do people need so much sleep...I know that people get grumpy but still!!?

PLEASE give me answers

Favorite Answer

Sleep is necessary for us to recharge our energy. If you permit me to give a spiritual answer, during sleep, we go back to the source of our life, where we find peace and at home. As the battery is recharged, when it is connected to the source of energy(electricity), we get recharged when we get connected to the cosmic energy field, through the sleep. Otherwise, how do you explain the indispensability of the phenomenon of sleep and the fact that we feel re-energised, every time, we come out of our sleep.

Most people have too much sleep, the healthiest amount of sleep for an adult is between 5 & 6 hours. More than this actually has the reverse effect ! I am up at 5.20 in the morning, I keep my body and brain busy all day and I usually go to bed around mid night. I always wake up happy. Some people are naturally grumpy !

Incidentally I am a diabetic taking 4 daily injections and 51 years old ( young ! ).

When you get older, ur sleep is very important for your health. it is harder to function at work when you get less sleep especially if you are older

b/c we stay up all day and night