Does toothpaste work to get rid of your acne or to keep you from getting acne?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a drying agent in toothpaste that helps dry out the pimple. I have found it works most of the time, but not as fast as I would like. Sometimes it takes a few days and only keeps the breakout from getting larger. Mario Badescu makes a drying lotion that works faster than anything I have ever tried, I have really liked it. Here's a link:

http://www.mariobadescu.com/productDetail.asp?Prod...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you’re looking for accurate acne information, best to see a dermatologist. Some people believe doctors are predisposed to take the easy way to deal with acne… prescription drugs. But, with many, this simplistic answer may not be the appropriate course of action. Some feel that such prescription drugs just treat the symposium and not the underlying cause. But, a local dermatologist is still your best starting point.

For me personally, I discovered a great informational acne treatment site. Not only is there good information/articles but I got their audio e-book and following it’s advice can now say that my acne is a thing of the past! Keep in mind, were all different and there are various types of acne, so what works for some may not be totally effective for all.

Bottom line, hang in there, you will get past this! Sincere best wishes and good luck.

Oh, by the way the site that helped me is:

http://www.acne-treatment-medicine-1.info/

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

While it took little less than two months for me to really see a difference, my acne, blackheads and whole lot of other skin problems I had such as eczema had completely cleared! It was totally amazing...

Get Rid Of Acne Permanently?

• 1 decade ago

I heard that only the paste kind works.. not the gel.. and It doesn't like prevent acne.. but when u put it on a zit, it can help take it away faster by drying it out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It can reduce swelling of a pimple ready to erupt, however it can not prevent something from happening that has already been under your skin, infected, trying to come out, for several days or weeks.

For your best approach try a pro active one.

a Skin care program.

try my Beauty Consultant

www.marykay.com/mhostetler

Call or email she's great!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

No don't use toothpaste, it does more harm than good. Ur supposed 2 leave it on overnight but when u wake up, the zit/s will be really red & irritated, & they'll hurt & it will leave scarring. Just keep gently washing them & maybe try leaving some oil free spot treatment on them.

• 1 decade ago

Because toothpaste has peroxide in it ot drys your pimples up... doesn't necessarily get rid of them right away but does help it go away faster.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

uh - how? Toothpaste is mostly inert chemicals, fluoride, and fillers. Nothing in it to prevent acne

• 1 decade ago

I tried it a couple of times and it DOES DRY UP THE SKIN and reduce swelling of a BIG OL' ZIT...........just be careful you don't ruin your pillowcase.......now if you have acne on your butt or on your back....well, good luck.......

Source(s): USE COMMON SENSE and make sure you don't eat yellow snow!!!!
  • Joe P
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try Listerine

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.